Socially Responsible Investing
Invest in a better world
Invest in a portfolio that maximizes returns, minimizes fees, and helps build a better world.
Invest according to your values
Invest in socially responsible companies across the globe, so you can maximize returns while helping build the world you want.Get startedI already have a login
How we build your SRI portfolio
We invest your money across the entire stock market using our proprietary low-fee exchange traded funds (ETFs) that are carefully screened for environmental and social impact, while remaining as diversified as possible to maximize performance.
- 70%Bonds & Gold
Adjust Risk level to see composition:Risk Level
Socially responsible companies in North America
Socially responsible companies in developed markets globally
- Bonds & Gold
Bonds and gold provide diversification against equity risk in the portfolio
We built a more responsible ETF
- Most SRI portfolios pick the “least bad” companies in problematic industries. We take those industries out of the equation.
- We eliminate the top 25% carbon-emitters in each industry — so our funds have a lower carbon footprint without compromising diversification
- Every company in our fund has 25%, or at least 3, women on their board of directors
Meet our money experts
- Honest - We're what's called a fiduciary. That means we're obligated to give you actionable feedback that's in your best interest, not ours. Schedule a portfolio review.
- Human - We're loved for our technology. But we also have smart people to answer any questions or give advice when you need it.
- Experienced - Our advisors have thousands of hours of experience advising seasoned, high-net-worth investors, and folks just starting out.
- Over $10B and counting - More than 1 million Canadians trust over $10 billion with Wealthsimple companies
- Everything is encrypted - We use state-of-the-art data encryption when handling your financial information and two-factor authentication (2FA) protection
- Insurance and protection - All of our accounts have standard insolvency and deposit protection
- Powerful backing - Wealthsimple is backed by over $1 billion in investment from some of the world's most notable investors
We keep your money safe
- Answer a few questions about your financial goals
- We’ll suggest an investment portfolio and you can opt to make it socially responsible
- Connect your bank account and make a deposit
Wealthsimple's SRI portfolios contain the following ETFs:
|North America SRI Equities||WSRI||Canadian and American stocks that do not violate social and environmental values|
|Developed Market SRI Equities||WSRD||European, Australian, and Asian stocks that do not violate social and environmental values|
|Canadian Federal Bonds||ZFL||Long term debt securities issued or guaranteed by the Government of Canada|
|Canadian Provincial Bonds||ZMP||Debt securities issued by Canadian provinces|
|Gold||GLDM||Shares tracking the value of physical gold bars held in London vaults|
Wealthsimple charges the same management fees for SRI portfolios as non-SRI portfolios (0.5% on the your first $100,000 and 0.4% after that). However, the fees charged by the firms that manage the ETFs are modestly higher than the fees for regular ETFs - a weighted average of 0.23%, compared with 0.1% to 0.2% for standard Wealthsimple portfolios. There's a good reason for a higher fee: someone smart needs to screen for the most socially responsible companies by combing through reams of data. Wealthsimple collects a portion of that fee for managing the equity ETFs.